The VEX Robotics Competition (VRC) is designed to promote student’s interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) subjects.
The inaugural Vex Robotics Competition Ireland, sponsored by EMC Ireland Centre of Excellence, took place in City Hall, Cork from 8 to 11 November 2012.
The competition provides engaging and fun student experiences that enable students to develop the necessary skills that are vital for success in the 21st Century. With teams ranging in size from 5 – 15 students, over 7000 teams and 70000 students worldwide participated in the competition in 2013.
– Promote STEM through robotics, nurturing Ireland’s future talent
– Students acquire a wide range of skills including:
Mechanical Design, Programming, Project Management, Presentation,
Strategy,Web Design, Marketing, Leadership and Teamwork
– CSR – giving back and connecting with your local community
– PR – your company’s name & logo associated with the school, t-shirts etc.
What will EMC do?
– Arrange training for teachers and mentors
– Organize and host Vex Robotics competitions for schools
– Provide mentorship support
– Support >10 school teams in the 2013/2014 season
How YOU Can Sponsor A School
– Sponsor a robot kit for a school of your choice
– Provide mentor(s) to that school if possible